New CAC Catholic High School Football Poll Keeps No. 1 St. John Bosco and No. 2 Mater Dei at the Top
October 17, 2018, 7:42 am
In the most anticipated high school football game in the nation this season, CAC’s No. 1 St. John Bosco (Bellflower, Calif.) defeated No. 2 Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.) 41-18 last Saturday in Southern California. Junior QB DJ Uiagalelei led the Braves with 279 yards in the air and five TDs, along with rushing for 60 yards.
Even with the loss, this week’s new CAC Catholic High School Football poll, presented by Siena Heights University and Global Football, Mater Dei remains the No. 2 team in the country. Mater Dei takes on No. 10 JSerra on Friday night in another Trinity League clash. Another major matches this week include No. 25 Iona Prep (New Rochelle, N.Y.) at St. Anthony’s (South Huntington, N.Y.) and No. 22 Brother Rice (Chicago, Ill.) at Montini Catholic (Lombard, Ill.) with the Chicago Catholic League Blue championship at stake.
This week’s Top 10 teams in the ranking are:
- St. John Bosco, Bellflower, Calif. (8-0)
- Mater Dei, Santa Ana, Calif. (6-2)
- St. John’s College, Washington, D.C. (7-0)
- Archbishop Hoban, Akron, Ohio (8-0)
- De La Salle, Concord, Calif. (8-0)
- St. Thomas Aquinas, Fort Lauderdale, Fla. (6-1)
- St. Frances Academy, Baltimore, Md. (4-0)
- St. Joseph’s Prep, Philadelphia, Pa. (5-0)
- Saint Louis, Honolulu, Hawaii (8-0)
- JSerra Catholic, San Juan Capistrano, Calif. (7-1)
For more information on this week’s CAC Catholic High School Football Top 25 and each team, click here.