Mater Dei Defeats St. John Bosco, Takes Over Top Spot In CAC Top 25 Catholic HS Football Poll
November 28, 2018, 10:55 am
The Catholic Athletes for Christ (CAC) Catholic High School Top 25 Poll, announced this morning and presented by Siena Heights University and Global Football, has a new No. 1. For the first time this season there’s someone other than St. John Bosco (Bellflower, Calif.) at top and it’s a familiar name: the 2017 champion Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.).
Mater Dei and Bosco flip-flopped rank as the Monarchs avenged a regular season loss to the Trinity League brethren. Mater Dei defeated Bosco, 17-13, in the CIF-Southern Section Division 1 final are one win from an overall state title.
This week’s Top 10 teams are:
- Mater Dei, Santa Ana, Calif. (12-2)
- St. John Bosco, Bellflower, Calif. (13-1)
- Archbishop Hoban, Akron, Ohio (14-0)
- De La Salle, Concord, Calif. (11-0)
- St. Thomas Aquinas, Fort Lauderdale, Fla. (12-1)
- St. Joseph’s Prep, Philadelphia, Pa. (11-0)
- Saint Louis School, Honolulu, Hawaii (11-0)
- St. Francis Academy, Baltimore, Md. (9-0)
- Blessed Trinity, Roswell, Ga. (13-0)
- Covington Catholic, Park Hills, Ky. (14-0)
For more information on this week’s CAC Catholic High School Football Top 25 and each team, click here.