Mater Dei (No. 1) Meets De La Salle (No. 4) for CIF State Championship in CAC Top 25 Poll
December 6, 2018, 6:37 pm
The Catholic Athletes for Christ (CAC) Catholic High School Top 25 Poll, announced this morning and presented by Siena Heights University and Global Football, is highlighted by two teams in the Top 5 that will meet Saturday night for the CIF State Football Championship Bowl Game.
No. 1 Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.) (12-2) will play No. 4 De Sa Salle (Concord) (12-0) on Saturday evening at 11 p.m. (Eastern) / 8 p.m. (Pacific). Mater Dei won last year’s meeting between the schools in the CIF Open Division Bowl Game final. The winner of the game will be in position to capture the CAC 2018 National Championship.
This week’s Top 10 teams are:
- Mater Dei, Santa Ana, Calif. (12-2)
- St. John Bosco, Bellflower, Calif. (13-1)
- Archbishop Hoban, Akron, Ohio (15-0)
- De La Salle, Concord, Calif. (12-0)
- St. Thomas Aquinas, Fort Lauderdale, Fla. (13-1)
- St. Joseph’s Prep, Philadelphia, Pa. (12-0)
- Saint Louis School, Honolulu, Hawaii (11-0)
- St. Francis Academy, Baltimore, Md. (9-0)
- Blessed Trinity, Roswell, Ga. (14-0)
- Columbus, Miami, Fla. (14-0)
For more information on this week’s CAC Catholic High School Football Top 25 and each team, click here.